Friday, July 2, 2010

Naughty Bear


I was excited for this game. I couldn't wait to beat the stuffing out of other teddy bears in an incredibly gruesome manner. Call me twisted. So you play as Naughty Bear and he is the only bear on paradise island not invited to a birthday party. The other bears all laugh at him so he plans on taking revenge. Sounds decent doesn't it. Well Alpha Protocol has taught me to deal with disappointment and this game sure is disappointing. The graphics are terrible. Maybe the developers were aiming for an art style out of some physchotic child's sketch book. Couple bad graphics with a horrible camera and the inability to lock on to other bears in order to kill them and you have the formula for disappointment. Maybe they thought, "Hey, the premise for this game is f***ing amazing and original we can just bs everything else". The narrator in this game is like Justin Bieber minus the high voice. You either love him or hate him. I loved the narrator. (Can't say the same for Bieber) I thought the narration was hilarious and had a good sense of incredibly dark humor. The other sounds in this game were mediocre. Why don't I hear tearing of cotton when I stab bears with machetes. Another point about this game, if it takes place on Paradise Island and has teddy bears why are there machetes all over the place. Anywho I can say that this game is definitely not for kids even though it appears so and it definitely shouldn't be on anyones shelf. 5/10.

No comments: