Thursday, June 10, 2010

Answering some FAQs

1. What is your review system?
I generally start at a 10 for a game and then I'll take off a .5 for every bad aspect. There is some leaway to this. Some games are just so huge that if I counted every bad detail, the game would have a lower score than what it actually deserved. I occasionally look at Metacritic to get an idea of what kind of title a certain game is and what score would be suspected of it. Sometimes I don't agree with Metacritic. I didn't enjoy Mass Effect as much as the bigger reviewers did.
2. Do you swear in your reviews?
I will use spurts of it. There are some words that I am discouraged to say. I'll swear minorly such as: shit, ass, hell, damn, bitch. I won't use any racial or ethnic slurs. I won't drop an F bomb but instead will type as F***. Anything that an actual journalist could get in trouble, is something that I won't do.
3. What games do you normally review?
Unlike paid reviewers I am not required to review bad games and I don't get the games for free. So most of the time I will review well marketed titles that are generally well received. I am curious about some lackluster games and will rent them and then compile my review about them.
4. What games do you own?
PS3- Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, DJ Hero, Grand Theft Auto 4, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, Modnation Racers, The Orange Box, LittleBigPlanet, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2, Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause 2, NBA 2K10.
PC- Mass Effect 1 and 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3.
Wii- Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports Resort, Bully, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero World Tour, Rayman: Raving Rabbids.

No comments: